I'm picking out a thermos for you

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Gary

The other day, I went to buy some hair products at my local salon (this is what California will do to you: I used to be a solid, grounded, midwestern type, and now I've become the guy who buys hair products). Anyway, the guy behind the counter mentioned that he cuts hair, too, and gave me his card:
Does that picture make you want to get a haircut from Gary? That dude is totally gonna cut your ear off, Van Gogh style. Gary scares me. He is the reason I haven't had a haircut in months.

4 Comments:

  • Is that actually Gary on the card? Which is to say, did Gary actually have a photo shoot for the purpose of making a business card...for hairstyling?

    By Blogger Zeek, at 11:19 AM  

  • That is indeed Gary on the card. I think my business cards need action shots of being a grad student:

    "Here I am - with this pipet! Looking like I want to cut your ear off!"

    By Blogger swimmerpie3331, at 11:40 AM  

  • I would very much like to see the rejected photos from Gary's shoot.

    For that matter, I'd like to see the rejected photos from the 'action grad student' theme. Here's me, reading up on recent developments in my field! Here's me, giving a presentation with a trifold standup display! Here's me, drinking away my sorrows after a failed experiment!

    By Blogger Zeek, at 3:22 PM  

  • here's me, getting an overdraft notice from my bank! here's me, wearing a lopsided pair of those dorky chemlab goggles! here's me, playing online poker until 4 am!

    By Blogger diebenkorn, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home