I'm picking out a thermos for you

Monday, March 13, 2006

This is... LA?

The weather lately has been a far cry from the sun-drenched, shorts-year-'round climate that I was promised before moving here. When the foothills were temporarily dusted with snow a couple weeks ago, I thought it was cool. Now, this cold, cold, and colder spell is just annoying. Particularly because apartments in LA are not designed for this type of weather, i.e. bad insulation, windows that don't seal, heating that doesn't really work. The thing is, we only notice all these problems about once every couple years.

And of course this weather has prompted hilarious stories in the LA Times. Here's my favorite quote, about some kids in La Crescenta, straight from the "no-shit!" department:
Dude, this is snow. Look how it melts in your hand, Ogando said.

Dude, kids in LA. So sheltered.

And damn, Slobodan, I told you a million times: Liquor before beer, you're in the clear. Rifampicin before blood pressure medication, never been sicker. But you just didn't wanna listen.

2 Comments:

  • Huh. Weather in Princeton? Amazing right now. Are we on the brink a a cataclysmic weather reversal? Doubt it. But many a folk were in shorts today, and I broke an easy sweat while playing frisbee. So I have to take the opportunity and laud the atmospheric demigods for what is, I'm sure, a VERY temporary turning of the tables. Huzzah!

    And as for Slobodan, I should reference Jon Stewart from tonight's Daily Show. Too soon for the jokes. You have no heart. None. At all. I'm serious.

    Seriously.

    No, wait. I'm not.

    By Blogger Zeek, at 10:19 PM  

  • Fun fact: while it was raining and 45 in Manhattan Beach, someone told me that it was currently 48 and sunny in Green Bay, Wisc.

    By Blogger swimmerpie3331, at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home