I'm picking out a thermos for you

Friday, June 23, 2006

Far from home

Three cities I've visited in the past year, and suddenly I find myself far from all of them. And far from all that is "normal." That's right: Korea. Seoul. 연셔 대학교!!!

I'll keep you all up to date on the mundane, bizarre, and downright boring goings-on of my life in the far East, but for now I'll leave you with these small, hot gumnuggets of wisdom about life in the world's largest K-town:

- you can watch TV on your mobile phone. And Americans are so excited about downloading Desperate Housewives to our iPods? Get real.

- Outback steakhouse is the most popular American chain restaurant. Bloomin' onion and everything. Yum.

- the urinals here are all automatic. What's so strange about that, you ask? Well, the flushing begins when you *start* peeing, not when you stop. It's like they're cleaning up from the last guy so that you can leave a fresh mark on the urinal.

- there are lots of Asian people here. Who'd've guessed?

1 Comments:

  • i had no idea about them urinals

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home